Juliana is an Art director and designer who is hands on cutting edge aesthetics, with ideas that matter.
An observant and curious, she often travels to gain perspective of the behaviors and cultures around the world. She aims her work to be universal, simple, beautiful and enjoyable.
Won the first Gold at Young Lions Design competition and was recently selected for "See It Be It," a Lion Cannes program that aims to further women in the creative industry.
Only 12 women were selected to be part of this inspirational program.
Agencies I have worked:
McCann Erickson, Lowe’s digital media group Mass Digital and Leo Burnett (Bogota and Dubai).
McDonald's, Toyota, ABSOLUT vodka, Alpina Foods, LVQR, ETB, amongst others.
DUBAI LYNX (Dubai)
-BRONZE: Media, Use of Media.
-BRONZE: Digital Media, Including Internet, Mobile Devices, etc.
-Shortlisted: Mobile Applications & Other Downloadable Tools
Digital Media in a Promotional Campaign
EL SOL (Spain)
SHORTLISTED: Bon Yurt Viral. Branded Content.
CANNES YOUNG LIONS (France)
-GOLD: Design Category
COLOMBIA YOUNG LIONS (Colombia)
-GOLD 2012: Design Category
-SILVER 2013: Design Category
-GOLD: Bon Yurt Viral. Category: Food
-SILVER: Bon Yurt Music Fan Big Promo. Category: Food
NOVA AWARDS (Colombia)
-BRONZE: Bon Yurt Viral. Category: Social Networks
-SHORTLIST: Toyota Print ads. Category: Automobile
Places I have Lived: Australia, New Zealand, Middle East, NY, Toronto.
Where I'm from: Colombia (Not Columbia). I was born in -what Colombians know as the hottest place in Colombia: Barrancabermeja. As cliche as it sounds -but entirely different from 80% of Colombian population- I grew up surrounded by snakes, Iguanas, and centipedes.
Unnecessary, random information:
- I was named after a salsa song: "Juliana." (yup, my parents are very into salsa)
- I'm a Coffeeholic, foodie and an ex-gamer (RPGS mainly).
- I love to eat, therefore cooking. - My main hobby is traveling to places where I can eat, get lost and talk to strangers.
- I went to Nepal on my own, try to climb the Himalayas, but hyperventilated half way.
- I hate the smell of papaya.
- I'm fascinated by cultural and behavioral studies.
- My pronunciation has come a long way, but I still have a slightly "Sofia Vergara accent."